We don’t want to brag but Tamarindo is in the top destinations of Central America and Costa Rica. If you don’t know why well we will tell you!
Firstly, over one million reviewers at TripAdvisor.com have chosen Tamarindo 4th best destination in Central America in 2013.
Secondly, Lonely Planet is calling Tamarindo the top surf and party destination of Costa Rica. Mainly because Tamarindo has the most developed beach, many hotels, bars and restaurants.
Link: Lonely Planet
Well if you don’t trust TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet then we would like to point out that Playa Grande is right next to Tamarindo and that this beach is the second largest nesting ground of Leatherback Turtles in the world! Still not convinced Tamarindo is the best place to go on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica? Let us continue.
A major surf blog in Costa Rica points out that Tamarindo is the most popular and well known “ surf mecca” on the northern Pacific Coast.
And last but not least one of the bigger travel sites in Costa Rica tells travellers that Tamarindo is on the 3rd place in the top 10 destinations in Costa Rica!
This must be convincing enough right? We can only tell you how beautiful it is out here in Tamarindo to believe it you should come visit us. All this bragging made us thirsty for a good fruit shake and some relaxing at the beach. Hope you join us one day here in the top destination in Costa Rica.
We made list of fun facts to know about Tamarindo for tourists and locals.
- Tamarindo is on the 4th place in the category “top travel destinations Central America 2013” on tripadvisor.com.
- Crocodiles sometimes swim around the river mouth on the north end of Playa Tamarindo.
- Surfing is the #1 sport in Tamarindo.
- There are more restaurants then supermarkets in Tamarindo.
- “Nachos as big as your ass” at Eat@Joe’s are big.
- Night BBQs by locals are overpriced but drunk people buy it anyway.
- Costa Rican people sometimes refer to Tamarindo as Tamagringo.
- Free WiFi can be found everywhere.
- Surfing near the river mouth is harder than in the middle of the beach.
- Leatherback Turtles are the biggest reptiles in the world and can be found on Playa Grande next to Playa Tamarindo.
Do you know any fun facts about Tamarindo?
Did you travel to Tamarindo lately? Backpacking to Tamarindo or did you enjoyed the hotels? For vacation/holiday or work? We want to know your story and experiences of the visit to Tamarindo Costa Rica. You can tell us all about the surfing lessons you took or late night clubbin that made you hangover like never before. Tell us all and we might mention your story on our website.