We made list of fun facts to know about Tamarindo for tourists and locals.
- Tamarindo is on the 4th place in the category “top travel destinations Central America 2013” on tripadvisor.com.
- Crocodiles sometimes swim around the river mouth on the north end of Playa Tamarindo.
- Surfing is the #1 sport in Tamarindo.
- There are more restaurants then supermarkets in Tamarindo.
- “Nachos as big as your ass” at Eat@Joe’s are big.
- Night BBQs by locals are overpriced but drunk people buy it anyway.
- Costa Rican people sometimes refer to Tamarindo as Tamagringo.
- Free WiFi can be found everywhere.
- Surfing near the river mouth is harder than in the middle of the beach.
- Leatherback Turtles are the biggest reptiles in the world and can be found on Playa Grande next to Playa Tamarindo.
Do you know any fun facts about Tamarindo?