We made list of fun facts to know about Tamarindo for tourists and locals.
- Tamarindo is on the 4th place in the category “top travel destinations Central America 2013” on tripadvisor.com.
- Crocodiles sometimes swim around the river mouth on the north end of Playa Tamarindo.
- Surfing is the #1 sport in Tamarindo.
- There are more restaurants then supermarkets in Tamarindo.
- “Nachos as big as your ass” at Eat@Joe’s are big.
- Night BBQs by locals are overpriced but drunk people buy it anyway.
- Costa Rican people sometimes refer to Tamarindo as Tamagringo.
- Free WiFi can be found everywhere.
- Surfing near the river mouth is harder than in the middle of the beach.
- Leatherback Turtles are the biggest reptiles in the world and can be found on Playa Grande next to Playa Tamarindo.
Do you know any fun facts about Tamarindo?
Tell us your story of Tamarindo ( 10 Jan,2014 )
Top destination in Costa Rica and Central America ( 21 Jan,2014 )